Will Sing About Sex on Upcoming Album 'Confident' says Pop Singer, Demi Lovato Who Feels Liberated.

Will Sing About Sex on Upcoming Album 'Confident' says Pop Singer, Demi Lovato Who Feels Liberated.



     Lately, Demi Lovato has been screaming sexual confidence--in her appearance, in her lyrics and in her latest performance at the MTV Video Music Awards alongside Iggy Azalea. Her upcoming album Confident is due out October 16 and perfectly depicts how the 23-year-old singer has been feeling.

"It definitely was kind of a no-brainer when we called it Confident, " Demi told MTV News. "Also one of the songs on the album is called 'Confident.' Whenever I make an album and try to think of a name, I always look to the track list and what song represents this album the most, and not only did it represent my entire album, but it represented where I am in my life, so it was a very, very easy choice."


It's been three long years since the "Skyscraper" singer released her self-titled album and since then, the summer anthem, "" has hit the radio, showing her growth as an artist. "I was able to hit notes on this album that I've never hit before," she said. The improvements extend past her musical talents and overlap to her growth as a human being.




"Being able to sing about things that I've always wanted to sing about, but just always was worried about being the role model, but now if I want to sing about sex or this or that, I'm going to sing about it," she continued. "So I feel very liberated with this album as well."

Lovato also made it a point to explain she's moving away from the "sob stories and the tales" and working towards making music that personally appeals to her. Instead of focusing on songs that could potentially be hits, her mindset swapped to "does that fit where I am today with who I am? And is that really what I want to say?'"

After the VMA's came to a close, Pink took to Twitter to express her contempt for the way music has taken a turn. Lovato was quick to defend her choices on social media although the "Just Give Me A Reason" singer claims she wasn't referring to Lovato or her performance, US Magazine reports

No comments:

Post a Comment